All investigators must be completely silent, no shifting or creating any sound if possible. If you cough or sneeze or accidentally create a noise identify what it was and your name EX: Mary sneezed
1. State, location, date, time of day, and number of people present conditions, etc.
2. It is recommended to have ONE person conducting the session as many people conducting it may confuse entities.
3. Ask permission to speak to entities and let them know that you are not harming them in any way.
4. Tell the entities that you will respect them and ask for respect from them as well.
5. Pause at least 20 seconds between questions
6. Start EVP session by asking some common YES/NO questions. (see bulleted questions)
7. It is a good idea to document sounds that may originate from investigators present to differentiate between human and entity sounds.
– Document different levels of investigator voices, coughing and footsteps, etc.
– NEVER whisper or talk in a low voice.
1. Person conducting EVP session introduce themselves and the team.
2. Ask permission to speak to entities and let them know that you are not harming them in any way.
3. Again, Tell the entities that you will respect them and ask for respect in return.
4. Tell the entities that you have a a black box (recorder), which will be able to hear them (records sounds and voices). Thus, let them know that they are free to talk and/or make noise into the box.
NOTE: Not all of the following questions have to be asked in the same session. .
If you would like to communicate, can you show me a sign of your presence? Can you knock for me or make a sound? Can you make loud footsteps for me? Anything you can do to let me know you are present
• Is there anyone here who would like to talk to me?
• Do you mind that I am talking to you and asking you questions?
• Are you male?
• Are you female?
• Did you live here?
• Did you work here?
• Do you like being here in this location?
• Would you like to leave?
• Are you afraid or scared?
• Are you sad?
• Are you happy?
• Are you angry?
• Do you miss your family and/or friends
The following questions are designed to initiate intelligent responses
Can you please show yourself to me and/or other investigators?
How many of you are here tonight?
What is your name(s)?
Can you tell me how old you are?
When were you born?
Where are you from?
What year is it?
Who is the president of The United States?
Is there anything else that you would like to tell me?
Is there anything else that I should know?
Are there any children here that would like to talk to me?
What is your favorite song?
Can you please sing for me?
What are you wearing?
What would you like me to do?
How would you like me to help you?
Get creative but never threaten or provoke. If there truly is something present that does not want to communicate it is THEIR RIGHT not to!