PSB7-SDD – Real Time Spirit Box with SDD Shadow Detection
Putting everything into this very small package takes time and custom Items could add a 10-14 day to receive
Designed to compliment the popular RED & GREEN laser grids currently available. The purpose of the device is to measure very subtle light contrast variations and convert the changes into audible tones that your ears can easily discern. The P-SB7-SDD is compatible with a RED, GREEN and WHITE LEDs, and it comes with a RED long range 75′, and a RED short range diffuse LED illumination source. When a contrast variation occurs between the LED illumination source and the P-SB7-SDD, the audible tones will be heard. Ascending tones for light increase and descending tones for light decrease.
The P-SB7-SDD works with:
* RED & GREEN LEDs
* A RED or GREEN Laser Grid
* A RED or GREEN Laser Pointer
* LED Flashlight
(1) Long Range RED Illumination Block (Included)
(1) Short Range (Diffuse) Illumination Block (Included)
* You can use the light from a RED exit sign, street light coming through a window, or any other indirect “stable” incandescent light.
1. Turn on the P-SB7-SDD power switch located on the top of the P-SB7-SDD. The SDD circuit will beep twice and
then default to the least sensitive detection range, sensitivity level #1. There are a total of 5 sensitivity
2. On the Front of the P-SB7-SDD is a momentary push button labeled “SDD Sensitivity”.
Press this Button twice. You will hear a Beep each time the button is pressed. Pressing it twice will
increment the SDD to sensitivity level #3 based on the initial Power Up default starting at level #1. Sensitivity level #3
is mid range. You can make fine adjustments after your light source & position is established.
3. Position the P-SB7-SDD on a tripod or flat surface so that the light intensity sensor located on the
top is aimed in the general direction of the RED LED illuminator. The long range RED LED
illumination source can be located up to 75′ away, the short range, diffuse illumination is used for 10′-40′. It is not imperative to have the illumination source perfectly aligned with the light intensity sensor because the SDD has an automatic 5 sec. light calibration feature. Sometimes just a small amount of light or fringe area from the RED illumination source works best. It all depends how close the light is to the SDD.
4. Test the detection sensitivity by slowly moving the RED LED illumination beam to the left or right side of the P-SB7-SDD
detector so that only minimal light is received. The SDD will produce a four step descending tone pattern. Then,
move the illumination so that the SDD receives more light and you will hear an ascending tone pattern.
Important Note: The P-SB7-SDD performs a diagnostic test and recalibration every 5 seconds. So, if the
processor diagnostic & calibration routine falls within the time of your test, it could momentarily reverse
the tone pitch. This will be automatically corrected during the next 5 sec. cycle.
Once you get a good feel for the way the P-SB7-SDD operates, you can try different techniques.
To detect a self illuminating source, remove the RED illumination source and increase the sensitivity to level #5. Strike a match, use a lighter or turn on a flashlight within the P-SB7-SDD field of view. You can even use the P-SB7-SDD as a light confirmation
detector when asking Spirit to turn a flashlight on.